Wednesday 3 February 2010

My Magazine Front Cover And Contents Page Evaluation

Since sketching out my rough images for my magazine contents and main page I have transformed my ideas and put it together for my proper version. I decided to have a modern and sofisticated look for the contents with a world globe in the background representing my magazine name, 'Whitley World'. I also made sure the font of my text on the contents page was a dark colour to contrast through the light background. I also placed each of the pictures which represented the pages in the magazine beside which page they were on. For exaple for the Whitley Come Dancing Report I placed a photo taken of people dancing. This hopefully made it clearer for the reader and gave them an image to relate to whilst reading the report.
For my front page I made sure I had a bold photograph with a clear white background to grab the readers attention and also to make the text clearer. I also made sure the photographs blended into the background with the babe of the bay. My front cover story and title was, 'The best revision tips!' showing an image of a girl with an encyclopaedia. Showing the stereotypical representation of a clever schoolgirl. My other titles across the page are in different fonts and different shapes and angles to add more intrest and appeal to the reader. Overall I feel that I have improved in my skills of photoshop and also developed in my ideas for a magazine design.

No comments:

Post a Comment